The best performing Mutual Funds as on April 2014

INVESTMENT in EQUITY MUTUAL FUNDS

Best Funds

If a fund is holding more than 65% of equity, it will be treated as Equity oriented fund.Here we have taken six categories of equity fund schemes.  

Large cap funds

In large cap fund, the fund manager invests more than 80% of asset in large cap companies.

 

Best Large cap funds 

Exp ratio

1 yr returns  (%)

3 yrs returns (%)

5 yrs returns (%)

Axis Equity

2.88

15.44

11.64

NA

ICICI Pru Focus Blue chip Equity  

2.30

19.66

11.22

20.15

UTI Equity

2.13

16.15

8.91

19.65

SBI Magnum Equity

2.54

13.57

8.88

17.4

  

Large and Mid cap funds

In Large and Mid cap fund, 60 to 80% of assets are invested in large cap companies and remaining in mid cap companies. They are more aggressive than large cap funds.

Best Large and mid cap funds

Exp ratio

1 yr returns (%)

3 yrs returns (%)

5 yrs returns (%)

ICICI Prudential Dynamic  fund Regular Plan

2.23

29.94

11.44

20.44

HDFC TOP 200

2.24

18.43

8.26

18.83

Quantum Long Term Equity

1.25

18.94

11.48

23.02

UTI opportunities

2.19

14.32

8.96

19.70

 

Mid and Small cap funds

In Mid and Small cap funds, at least 60% of assets will be invested in mid and small cap companies. These funds are more volatile. 

Best  Mid and small cap funds

Exp ratio

1 yr returns (%)

3 yrs returns (%)

5 yrs returns (%)

HDFC midcap opportunities

2.39

33.17

15.72

28.02

IDFC premier equity

2.27

21.09

13.62

24.46

ICICI prudential discovery

2.33

30.78

14.51

28.40

SBI Emerging Businesses

2.55

7.48

15

27.25

 

Balanced funds (Equity oriented)

In this category, minimum of 65% of assets are invested in equity and remaining 35% are invested in debt and other securities. 

Best Balanced schemes

Exp.ratio

1 yr returns (%)

3yrs returns (%)

5yrs returns (%)

ICICI Prudential Balanced

2.64

20.29

13.96

18.34

HDFC Children gift fund invest

2.26

26.06

13.92

23.11

Birla sun life 95

2.6

14.97

8

17.53

SBI Magnum Balanced

2.66

21.02

10.17

15.87

 

Equity linked saving scheme fund (ELSS)

In equity linked saving scheme funds, there is a lock in period of three years. This scheme is eligible under 80C deduction.   

Best  Equity linked saving schemes

Exp ratio

1 yr returns (%)

3 yrs returns (%)

5 yrs returns (%)

ICICI Prudential Tax plan

2.46

27.37

11.54

23.28

Axis Long Term Equity

2.85

30.23

17.43

NA

 

Before starting investments in mutual fund or in any other instrument, one needs to undertake risk profiling. It is always better to consult a SEBI Registered Investment Advisers for unbiased recommendations.  

Last modified on Wednesday, 10 February 2016 07:06

Prakash Praharaj

Shri Prakash Praharaj has a passion for excellence. He has been awarded two gold medals for securing top positions both in Graduation and Post Graduation in Commerce. He is an MBA with specialization in Finance and marketing. He has been awarded Diploma in Treasury, Investment and Risk Management besides CAIIB from the Indian Institute of Bankers. He is a Certified Financial Planner from the Financial Planning standards Board, India (FPSB), affiliated to FPSB, Denver, USA and Certified Personal Financial Adviser from NISM. He is also a SEBI registered Investment Adviser vide Reg. no. INA 000000045 dated 2nd August 2013.His book "Your Every day guide to Personal Finance and Insurance" has been published by CNBC TV 18 in August 2015.

5 comments

  • Tushar

    posted by Tushar

    Sunday, 18 October 2015 14:16

    Can u provide the latest best performing Mutual Funds?

    Report
  • Sujata Aniruddha Sapkal

    posted by Sujata Aniruddha Sapkal

    Monday, 27 July 2015 09:30

    Those who are looking for the investment plan for the child education, HDFC children Gift invest will be the ideal choice for them.As the fund have been giving handsome returns over the years and with rising educational expenses (i.e.10%per year) you have to have investment product which is giving the returns higher than the education inflation.

    Report
  • freemusicdownloadsb.com

    posted by freemusicdownloadsb.com

    Friday, 22 May 2015 12:41

    I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself
    or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from.
    thanks

    Report
  • Umesh

    posted by Umesh

    Thursday, 05 June 2014 12:27

    Very helpful

    Report
  • Umesh

    posted by Umesh

    Thursday, 05 June 2014 12:27

    Very helpful

    Report

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

More in this category:

Subscribe your Email

Facebook

 
Go to top